SPARK is a comprehensive employee management information system of Government of Kerala. Its features can be categorised as:
- HR Managment
- Payroll Management
- Reports for decision making
1. Major functions available under HR Management
- Attendance Management: The attendance management module in SPARK can receive and process data from the biometric attendance marking system. Now it is being piloted in the Government Secretariat under the direct supervisions of Principal Secretary (GAD).
- Leave Management: Leave application module in SPARK is now active and it is also being piloted in the Government Secretariat. All leaves and out of office duty/travel can be applied through the system. The higher officers can recommend and approve the same as well through online processing. However for completing the processing module and integrate it with the leave accounting system of Accountant General, some amount of process reengineering and further development of the software are required. A working group for process reengineering has been constituted last month. The first meeting of the group will be conducted next week to discuss the leave application and approval procedure. SPARK development team of NIC will be demonstrating the leave management module in the Secretaries meeting on 19/04/2017.
- Online General Transfer Application Processing: SPARK has already incorporated a module for processing General Transfer Application based on the General Transfer Guidelines issued by P&ARD. It was piloted in the Directorate of Medical Education last year. Directorate of Health Service, Directorate of Medical Education, Ayush (for Homeo medicine) and Agriculture Departments will be processing their online general transfer application through SPARK this year.
- Annual Property Returns Filing Module: The annual property returns filing module in SPARK is complete and is used by many departments. From the next year onwards, employees of all departments have to be brought under the system.
2. Major functions available under payroll management
Salary, arrear and allowances of Permanent and Temporary employees
- Salary Arrears
- DA Arrears
- Leave surrender
- Terminal surrender
- Festival allowance/advance
- PF Advance Withdrawals
- Non Refundable Withdrawals
- PF Closure
- Travelling Allowance
- Festival Advance
- Medical claim etc
3. Reports for decision making
- Employee data sheet
- Retirement due list
- Office list
- Pay processing status reports