Last Software Updates
1.Provision for entering Leave surrender sanction details in the manually drawn interface has been removed.Sanction details need to be entered through the option available in the leave surrender menu.After entering the sanction details, surrender may be processed thru SPARK or entered manually through the manually drawn option.
2.we have enabled the facility to enter Recruitment details, Probation details and Regularization details for SDOs under the menu : Salary Matters---> Profile for 'DES' privileged SDOs.
and Profile/Admin for only 'S' privileged SDOs.
Software Updates Till 21st February 2015
1. NPS arrear Chalan Generation (for NPS NPS Arrear Backlog - one time payment)Service Matters -> New Pension Scheme -> Generate Chalan for NPS Arrear
Service Matters -> New Pension Scheme -> Update Remittence details (for Master Trainers to update the payment details in SPARK )Master Trainers are requested to update the details only after receiving the scanned copy of the chalan remitted at Treasury.
2. NPS Arrear repayment as EMI (amount has to be entered first to recover as EMI from salary similar to loan entry) For this, loancodes 388 and 392 need to be added first.
menu for SDOs : Salary matters-> SDO Salary-> NPS Arrear Recovery
menu for NGOs : Salary matters-> Changes in the month-> NPS Arrear Recovery
Once the NPS arrear backlog amount starts recovering from the salary, NPS arrear schedule can be generated from spark for both NGO as well as SDO.
3. Dies non entry for SDOs
Salary matters-> SDO Salary -> Dies Non
Software Updates on 21st February 2015 05:00PM.
Whenever the name of an office is changed, it has to be made through the menu Administration -> Office Name change.A history of office name changes will be maintained if done so. And through the code master menu, office name cannot be changed now
Software Updates on 19th December 2014 05:00PM
Under Administration menu two new options are provided.
1. HRA Class changes
2. CCA class changes
Whenever the hra/cca class of an office is changed, the new effective date has to be entered through this option
so that the old details will be maintained in history. This option is now given for 'U' or 'C' privileged users.
HRA computation based on this is handled in NGO Salary processing also now.
Software Updates on 8th December 2014 05:00PM
Multiple month salary processing is enabled in SPARK
Software Updates on 4th December 2014 05:00PM
In the case of aided schools, Revert relieving option is now available only for the AEO
Software Updates on 5th December 2014 05:00PM
Software Updates on 25th December 2013 05:00PM
1. Rectified the problem in leave Surrender processing for re-employed employee.
2. Rectified the problem of Co-operative Recovery in Salary Processing
3. Rectified the problem in personal details for UGC (Aided College)
4.Rectified the problem in view status for e-submitted bills.
5.Rectified the problem in Encashment updation ( for bill passed from treasury)
Software Updates On 17th December 2013 01:00PM
1.Rectified the problem related with HPL of SDO with the Basic 18740.
2. Checking of encashment details in Salary Processing is modified.
3.Rectified the problem in displaying number of days in Leave Application for NGO
Software Updates On 13th December 2013 01:00PM
1. Provision to Take Salary in Advance for the month of December
2.Provision to Cancel Forwarded Details
(i) This option is for Cancelling the forwarded details of aided schools (in Increment sanction,Promotion and Transfer) which are not approved by AEO/DEO , if needed.
3. Provision to Reject Forwarded Details
(i) This option is for rejecting the forwarded details of aided schools(in Increment sanction,Promotion and Transfer) by AEO/DEO, if needed.
4. Place and Date is added in both SDO and NGO all schedules and bills.
5.Provision to Search Office in transfer of SDO is added.
6. Search Button is added while selecting the office in the Transfer Order.
7. The Authentication is done in outer bill of Part time employees .
8. The period in outer bill of Part Salary is modified in case of Single Employee.
Software Updates On 06th December 2013 05:00PM
1.Rounding of DA calculation is made while Salary Processing
2.Cancelled bills are avoided from E-submission and resubmit of bills in Accounts module
Software Updates On 04th December 2013 05:00PM
1. Provision is added to check whether the employee is authenticated or not while Salary processing(aided schools)
2. Provision is added to authenticate digitally at the time of editing basic through Pay Revision
Software Updates on 17th October 2013 05:00PM
1. Provision to view property filed details for the year before 2011.
2. Checking Service history records for past month salary processing has been corrected.
3. E-submission module has been fine tuned.
Software Updates on 04th October 2013 05:00PM
1. Part salary entry Privilege for Master Trainers
2. LPC paid upto date issue has been cleared.
3. In Join on Transfer employees relieved to Sub office also listed for controling office
4. Part salary updation issue during Promotion has been cleared.
5. Blocking the relieving on transfer for employees whose salary has been processed using LWA
6. Farm laber outer bill generation in contigent bill format.
7. PAN checking while salary ptocessing for SDO's.
8. Blocked processed leave details updation/deletion.
1. SDO encashment details updation issues cleared
2. cancel encashment has been enabled for all bills for MT
3. loading pfaccno while updation PF loan
4. provision to show Basic less Salary Advance in bills
5. provision to cancel Objected bill has been added.
6. bills modified by deducting salary advance from basic
Software Updates On 6th September 2013 05:00 PM
1. Advance Salary Processing
Government have enhanced the limit of advance of pay and allowances that can be drawn in the context of ONAM festival to 50%.
Menu for NGO: Salary Matters--> Processing-->Advance Salary-->Advance Salary Processing
Menu for SDO: Salary --> Advance Salary Processing-->Advance Salary Processing
2. Cancel Adv. Salary processing
Menu for NGO: Salary Matters-->Processing-->Advance Salary-->Cancel Advance Salary Processing
Menu for SDO: Salary --> Advance Salary Processing-->Cansel Advance Salary Processing
3. Adv. Salary bills
Menu for NGO-->Salary Matters-->Bills and Schedules-->Advance Salary-->Advance Salary Bill
Menu for SDO: Salary --> Bills and Schedules-->Advance Salary Bill
Inner-outer- Bank Statement Shows there
4.Advance Salary Aquitance
Menu for NGO-->Salary Matters-->Bills and Schedules-->Advance Salary-->Advance Salary Acquitance
5. Bonus bank Statement- Festival Allowance Bank Statement- Festival Advance Bank Statement
These bank statements included with the bills
Software Updates On 20th August 2013 05:00 PM
1. Modules related to Treasury-SPARK integration has been added.
Accounts -> initialisation -> bill class
-> bill type
-> Head code
Accounts -> Bills -> Make bill from payroll
-> E-submit bills
-> View Submitted Bills
*Note: This is only for DDO's whose treassury has been enabled for Treasury-SPARK integration.
2. Modules related to Aided school/AEO-DEO salary processing.
For Aided Schools :
Administration -> New Employee
Service Matters -> Increment Sanction
-> Transfer -> Relieving on Transfer
-> Transfer -> Join on Transfer
-> Leave -> Leave application
*Note: This is only for Aided Schools. Pen creation, Increment sanction, Transfer, Leave are Authenticated to AEO/DEO offices. All changes will effect only after the Authentication of AEO/DEO office.
Salary matters -> Monthly salary
For AEO/DEO :
Service matters -> Authentication -> Employee Enrolment
-> Entitlement Authentication
-> Increment Sanction
-> Relieve on Transfer
-> Join on Transfer
-> Santioned Post
*Note: This is only for AEO/DEO Offices. it is enabled/working through with DSC tocken. AEO/DEO can authenticate Pen creation,Increment sanction,Transfer,Leave etc. through this menu
3. New form 'Revert Relieving on transfer' has been added
Service Matters -> Transfer -> Revert Relieving on Transfer
Note : we can revert back the wrongly transfered employee to parent office
4. Leave availed form has been changed as Leave applcation and leave History
5. Conditional Menu has been introduced based on the authorisation of the login.
6. Bank Statement for Arrear and Leave Surrender
Software Updates On 27th July 2013 05:00PM
1. While doing relieve on Transfer, the employees service history, present salary details and present service details are
set to unlock.
2. Increment sanctioning modified as designation wise and bill wise for controlling office and salary office to do increment sanction.
3. While changing name in employees personneldetails, the same gets updated in userlist also. This
required for rectifying name mismatch with DSC.
4. The allowances 4a, 4b from allowance list and onam advance from loanmaster are disabled since these code are not live.
5. Problem with leave surrender bill on contigent format has been cleared.
6. Employees whose salary credited to bank has been removed from aquittance
Software Updates On 12th July 2013 05:00PM
1. Hill Tract Allowance during Suspension is rectified
2. While calculating DA on HPL, AGP, GP, DP also considering for checking the condition 18740 in salary/DA arrear processing.
3. Editing the SDO details from ddo menu has been blocked in the following forms
Edit employee details
Present salary details
4. Issue reported on arrear provident fundcontribution is truncating the decimal part has been rectified.
5. issue reported like locked loans cannot closed has been cleared
Software Updates on 15th June 2013 04:00PM
1. Provision to identify whether the data is locked or not by placing locked/unlocked
image at the top of the corresponding pages.
2. Provision to enable delete/modify those AG slip which are not used for salary
3. Provision to View the following pages to Master Trainers. Office name search fecility also added.
A. Allowance Changes B. Part Salary Status C. Leave Account
4. New user creation limited to 'S' and 'I' for DMUs.
5. Provision to take LPC multiple times. PEN number also added in the LPC.
6. Provision to check the correctness of the bill submitted to treasury by the treasury officals
by inputting the SPARK code. Provision for generating corresponding bills also added.
7. Digital Signature Enabled login has been enabled for those having DSC. Provision for digitally
authenticating the enttitlement details of aided schools employees by respective AEO/DEO has
Software Update 06th June 2013 12:00PM
2.A New Service category "Farm labourer" is added in SPARK
Software Update 27th May 2013 5:00PM
1. Option for Setting Controlling officers Menu has been removed,now the controlling officers set by SPARK Help Desk
2. Provision to View Part Salary details for Master Trainers Through Service matters-->Part Salary Status
3. Provision to View Allowance changes for Master Trainers through Salary Matters-->Changes in the month-->Allowance History
Software Update 10th February 2012 5:00PM
Online Transfer request for doctors under DME/DHS has been added in employee interface of SPARK under the following menu.
Profile->Employee Transfer (Health).
Software Update 18th November 2011 10.30AM
The enhanced DA @ 7% sanctioned in GO(P) No.535/2011/Fin Dtd:-14-11-2011 to Non Gazetted Employees, Gazetted Employees and those coming under UGC, AICTE and Medical Education has been updated in SPARK.
Provision for Kerala Panchayat EPF subscription, Loan and generation of EPF Chellan has been added in SPARK
Software Update 2nd November 2011 11:30AM
A new module based on Accountant General's Pay Slip has been uploaded in the SPARK software. Kindly offer your comments/suggestions through e- mail.
Software Update 10th October 2011 11:15AM
Provision for DDO to assign HRA/CCA for employees in working arrangement.
In case of HRA, there are two options. Either HRA from office in working arrangement or from parent office.
In case of CCA, DDO can assign CCA from office in working arrangement, from parent office or no CCA at all.
Software Update 22nd September 2011 17.00 PM
In Salary Matters---> Changes in the month---->Deduction--->Edit Deductions Scale of Pay and Basic pay has been added to assist users on editing the Group Insurance Subscription of Individual Employees
Software Update 22nd September 2011
New form for editing the Group Insurance Subscription details is given under the Menu Salary Matters---> Changes in the month---->Deduction--->Edit Deductions
Use the above option is SPARK for enhancing the Group Insurance Subscription of Employees as ordered in GO(P)No.381/2011/ Fin Dated 06/09/2011.
Note: 20th September 2011
It is seen that some of the SPARK users are using
Salary Matters---> Changes in the month---->Deduction---> Del Deduction from all
option for removing and then Add Deduction to all for adding the enhanced Group Insurance Subscription(GIS) as per GO(P)No.381/2011/ Fin Dated 06/09/2011.
Warning: If the above option is used to Remove a Deduction the account number will also be removed which could not be retrieved.
Users are requested to Edit each employees, Group Insurance Subscription individually
Software update 20th September 2011
A new Service category "On Consolidated Pay DA". The above service category has been added for the use of designation like Yoga Instructor, Tissue Culture Tech, A/C Mech etc where Dearness Allowance is applicable for the employees whonhave Conso;lidated Pay
In the case of the above mentioned employees the Service Category may be selected as above for getting Dearness Allowance
Software Update 31st August 2011
Special Festival Allowance and Bonus calculation has been corrected by including Special Allowances like Police Special Allowance, Prisons Special Allowance, Excise Special Allowance etc
Bill not seen cases for SDOs Festival Advance has been corrected
Order number has been inserted in Festival Advance Outer Bill of NGOs and SDOs
Festival Allowance Acquittnace has been changed so as to take print out in Landscape format
Software Update 31st August 2011
The Festival Advance screen has been changed to accomodate denomination of Rs.100. This will help in Part time employees to take Festival Advance using SPARK
Software Updaate 29th August 2011
Bonus / Festival Allowance Slab has been updated in SPARK as per GO(P) No. 370 / 2011/Fin Dated 27/08/2011.
Non Gazetted Employees
Basic Pay as on 31st March 2010
Emoluments: Basic Pay + DA @ 106 % + Allowances as per the GO
6 months continuous Service before 31st March 2011
Basic Pay as on 31st March 2011
Emoluments : Basic Pay + DA @ 24 % + Allowances as per the GO
6 months continuous Service before 31st March 2011
A record in Service History covering 31st March 2011 is essential as software is not in position to identify whther the employee is in revised scale on 31st March 2011.
Note: The list of eligible Employees in Bonus and Festival Allowance will only be listed in the Screen
In the case of Self Drawing Officers the Special Festival Advance and Festival Allowance NO conditions are checked
- HRA CCA slabs based on Pay Revision 2009 has been updated for the service Category UGC Pre revised, UGC AICTE Meducal Education and Judicial Services
- Leave Entry Correction for NGO and SDO has been done
- Professional Tax moules has been fine tuned
Software Update 10th August 2011
New form for viewing DMU details has been added Queries ---> SPARK DMU Details
Designations form has been modified with the provision to view/modify the corresponding
old pay scale for that designation before pay revision.
New provision to download bigger bills of POLICE DEPARTMENT, which takes more time to
download or getting timed out before completion, using a link in 'bills and schedule' page
so that the generated inner bills can be downloaded any time later.
In Pay Revision Arrear Processing of SDO, fromdate editing has been enabled with
validation for pay revision effective date.
In employee interface, provision for SDOS' to edit their personal details has been enabled.
In queries, access permission has been given for Establishment(E) for Employee Search
Provision to view Drawn Salary details has been added for SDOS'
Software update 15 th July 2011
- Correction in Promotion and Transfer module for those employees who has been promoted from Non Gazetted officers to Gazetted Officers so that the Self Drawing employees could process their salary separately
- Self Drawing Officers Part Salary enabled in Present Salary Details by which SDOs could process Part salary from Both the offices
- Manually Drawn ---> Leave Surrender Arrear Entry enabled
- PF Query----> Included DA Arrear transferred to PF and Pay revision Arrear transferred to PF
Software Update 24th June 2011
Pay revision Arrear for SDO and its schedules has been updated in SPARK
Software update 22nd June 2011
'Capctha' has been incorporated in SPARK software for security purpose
Software Update 13th June 2011
In the Manually drawn screen the option to enter the details of Leave surrender is incorporated. This will help to generate the correct DA Arrear and Pay revision Arrear - Due Drawn Statement involving Leave Surrender which are entered using Manually Drawn option for NGO
Software Update 6th June 2011
- Self Drawing Officers module for Pay revision Editing has been added
Self Drawing Officers who has been provided with AG Slip with revised rates could add the revised details in the above screen.
- Employees in Working Arrangement for Self Drawing officers[SDO] has been incorporated
- Pay revision Arrrear Statement for NGOs has been corrected
Software Update 27th May 2011
Option for changing the employees from Revised to Pre Revised in Salary Matters--> Pay Revision --> Pay revision Editing
Salary processing for High Court employees whose pay is not revised
Pay revision Arrear DA rate correction
Pay revision Arrear Surrender Correction
Fine Tuning of SDO Salary--> Present salary details
Employees in Working Arrangement has been corrected by Disabling CCA
Software Update 19th May 2011
Pay Revision Arrear processing, Arrear bill, PF schedules are added.
Modifications reported in the payfixation module in increament date, completed years has been corrected.
HRA & CCA of SDO in pre-revised scale issue has been modified
Arrear processing has been modified with history tables splitting.
Removed transfer modules and increment sanction module for SDOs and these changes are updated through Service history editing.
New form for employees in working arrangement has added.
The necessory modifications done in Salary processing, Arrear processing, Leave surrender processing modules.
Modifcation for the incoporporation of the HRA city class change in salary processing, arrear processing modules.
State emblem has been removed conditionally.
Bonus and festival advance processing in WIndows service.
Provision for editing SDO details in the presentsalarydetails of SDO
In the case of new data entry, provision to select the scale type(revised/pre-revised) in present salary details page.This Option is only for employees who have not processed salary using SPARK or Processing Salary for the first time
Problem reported in calculation of HRA/CCA in the part salary case has been solved
Softare Update on 10th May 2011
Join on Transfer error corrected
Increment date Correction In Pay revision Module
Software Update on 5th May 2011
The Increment, Transfer , Promotion has been corrected with the option to accept both Pre Revised and Basic Pay and Designation
The Present Salary NGO and SDO has been corrected
In the Case of SDO the Increment, Transfer Promotion etc has been removed
The option of Service History edition has been provided for Self Drawing officers
In future all the Increment, Promotion, Transfer etc could be done using the service history edition.
The Surrender for NGO and SDO has been corrected
Software Update on 30th April 2011
The Pay Revision Edition access has been provided to Establishment seat(E Access), and Drawing and Disbursing Officers (D Access) Employees.
In the case of SDOs the HRA and CCA in prerevised rates will be provided to them. The same will be availble till AG Slip is receveid and when updated in SPARK using the Module SDO Salary--> Pay revision Editing for SDO.
NB: If the pay revision Editing for SDO is used then the Employee/SDO is considered to be in Revised scale. After that DA, HRA , CCA will be in revised rates
Software Update on 28th April 2011
Pay Revision 2009 Modules in SPARK
In the salary matters menu, a new menu group is added as “Pay Revision 2009” with the following items.
Pay Revision Fixation
Pay Revision Editing
Pay Revision Status
Pay Revision Arrear Processing
Pay Revision Arrear Bill
PR PF Contribution Schedule
The following procedure may be followed.
Before Fixing Pay in the Revised Scales of Pay Please go to
Select Salary Matters--->Pay Revision 2009 -->Pay Revision Status
The list consists of Designation, Revised and Pre-revised Scales, Name of the employee, PEN, Dept General No,etc.
Establishment seat(E Access), Department Management User(DMU) (M Access) and Drawing and Disbursing Officers (D Access) can view this.
Please check and verify whether the designation shown is in the correct Scale of Pay(Revised and Pre-revised).
Select Salary Matters--->Pay Revision 2009 --> Pay Revision Fixation Menu
and Select the employee.
Check the Designation, Scale of Pay (Revised and Pre-revised). The promotion details displayed may also be verified for employees who have obtained promotion between the Option date and date of Fixation
Click “Confirm” button if the details are found correct.
Click “Compute” button (which will be enabled only after clicking the confirm button) to calculate and display the pay fixation details as shown below.
The fixation details will be computed by the system and then Pay Fixation Statement can be generated by clicking on the button “Pay Fixation Statement”.
If the Pay fixation Statement is found correct then Update the details into SPARK database by clicking on the “Update” button
If any corrections are required after pay fixation, the same can be edited using the “Pay Fixation editing” module.
Those employees whose pay is not fixed in the Revised scale, their Salary will be processed based on Revised HRA and CCA (Vide para 31(page 9) of Pay Revision Order)
Please verify and ensure that the service history, allowances history, present salary details etc are updated correctly using the “Pay Revision editing” Menu.
Please Update all regular promotions, grade promotions, transfers, annual increments etc ordered till date in the Service History Menu
In order to process Pay Revision Arrears , Salary processing from 07/2009 onwards should be done without fail
-Software Update on Jan 2011
- Automated calculation has been added in SPARK by w
- hich Gross and Net salary can be seen without processing the salary bill.
- Future Salary processng is Blocked.
- Salary processing can be done only after encashment details are updated for the previous month.
- Arrear proceesing could be done only after updating the encahsment details of the concerned months.
- In Encashment details menu, provision for noting "Bill No" is added for future refernce.
- HRA,CCA,DA,Accadamic Grade Pay(AGP),GradePay(GP), Transport Allwonace, Dearness pay will be displayed automatically.
- The allowance amount of NPA with DA and Patient Care Allowance will be added automaticlly on selection of Allowances in the present slalry module for NGOs and SDOs.
- Implementation Status Report to DMUs.
- Employee Search Menu is activated in all Departments.
- Cooperative Recovery Bill details report corrected.
- TAN Number added.Can forward the TAN number of office for correction if needed.
- Treasury Savings Bank (TSB) A/C.No: adding for SDOs. This could be updated using the present salary module in the SDO Menu.
- Present salary editing has been disabled from Edit Employee record and also by DMUs.
- Present salary details could be editted using Establishment Access for NGOs from the Menu- Salary matters --> Changes in the month --> Present salary.
- In the case of SDOs the present salary could be updated using Present salary option in the SDO Menu.
- In Drawn Salary details, "Processed by" and "Processed on" added
Please offer your valuable suggestions and feedback on the modules so that we could update the same in the next version.
Last Updated (Friday, 27 March 2015 16:01)